Model 3 June Production Report Suggests Meaningful Step Forward
- Today, Reuters reported that Tesla nearly hit its goal of producing 5,000 Model 3s in the final week of the June quarter.
- Tesla reportedly hit the 5,000 per week mark at 5 AM today (7/1/18), just hours after the deadline. This implies Tesla built 4,850 Model 3s in the final week of June, compared to 2,000 per week exiting the March quarter.
- Loup Ventures had estimated production between 4,300-4,900 in the final week of the quarter.
- We expect the company to exit the Sept. quarter producing 6,000 Model 3s per week.
- Today’s report is a meaningful step forward for Tesla’s long term profitability and sustainability.
- We view Tesla as the company best positioned to capitalize on the shifts to EV, autonomy, and sustainable energy.
Disclaimer: We actively write about the themes in which we invest: virtual reality, augmented reality, artificial intelligence, and robotics. From time to time, we will write about companies that are in our portfolio. Content on this site including opinions on specific themes in technology, market estimates, and estimates and commentary regarding publicly traded or private companies is not intended for use in making investment decisions. We hold no obligation to update any of our projections. We express no warranties about any estimates or opinions we make.