029 – Dr. Casey Means, CMO at Levels
Casey Means, MD is a Stanford-trained physician, Chief Medical Officer and Co-founder of metabolic health company Levels, and Associate Editor of the International Journal of Disease Reversal and Prevention. Her mission is to maximize human potential and reverse the epidemic of preventable chronic disease by empowering individuals with tech-enabled tools that can inform smart, personalized, and sustainable dietary and lifestyle choices. Dr. Means’s perspective has been recently featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur Magazine, The Hill, Metabolism, Endocrine Today, Endocrine Web, Well + Good, and Dr. Michael Greger’s (author of How to Not Die) video series. In 2020, she has been a guest on the podcasts Veggie Doctor Radio, Healthy Human Revolution, Work for Change, Mindhub, and others, speaking about metabolic health. She is an award-winning biomedical researcher, with past research positions at the NIH, Stanford School of Medicine, and NYU.
- [1:22] Casey Means intro
- [ 2:00] Levels overview
- [5:00] Glucose response
- [7:10] Energy levels
- [8:10] Glycemic index
- [9:45] Optimize mental health
- [11:25] Brain function and health
- [14:52] Metabolic fitness
- [17:15] Insulin resistance
- [20:45] Optimal diet
- [25:30] Tailoring diet
- [27:00] Stress and sleep
- Optimizing mental clarity, focus, and memory with continuous glucose monitoring
- The ultimate guide to metabolic fitness
- Can controlling my glucose levels give me more energy?
- How do glucose levels relate to depression and anxiety?
- Levels early access program waitlist: https://www.
- Levels on Instagram and Twitter: @unlocklevels
- Casey on Instagram and Twitter: @drcaseyskitchen