018 – Eric Menees
Eric Menees is the CEO of Hexis. He received his Bachelors from UT Austin with a triple-major in Mechanical Engineering, Biochemistry, and Neuroscience Scholars.
Top 3 Takeaways
- Hexis is building real-time emotion modeling technology.
- The success of wearables will depend on nuanced combinations of form-factor and function.
- The entrepreneur mindset is different from the mindset of a scientist.
- [0:58] Eric explains what Hexis is.
- [2:07] What tradeoffs is Eric making between vision and execution?
- [3:08] Definitions of neurotechnology.
- [4:00] Neuroscience-informed software.
- [5:30] How does Hexis work?
- [6:18] The wearable market.
- [7:13] Neurotech, wearables, and fashion.
- [8:40] Eric’s predictions for wearables.
- [10:30] Translating literature into a product.
- [11:50] Eric’s background & education.
- [13:00] Entrepreneurship vs. academia.
- [15:00] Why neuroscience is a great way to drive positive impact.
- [16:45] Eric’s favorite neuroscience book.
Disclaimer: We actively write about the themes in which we invest: artificial intelligence, robotics, virtual reality, and augmented reality. From time to time, we will write about companies that are in our portfolio. Content on this site including opinions on specific themes in technology, market estimates, and estimates and commentary regarding publicly traded or private companies is not intended for use in making investment decisions. We hold no obligation to update any of our projections. We express no warranties about any estimates or opinions we make.