016 – Jim Cavuoto
Jim Cavuoto is the Editor and Publisher at Neurotech Business Reports, a neurotech market analysis firm that’s been following the field for nearly two decades. Jim holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering from Case Western Reserve University.
Top 3 Takeaways
- Neurotech Business Reports has unique visibility into the neurotech field because they’ve been following it for a long time.
- Closed-loop deep brain stimulation is an emerging trend.
- Neuromodulation is the biggest subset of the neurotech market, at more than $4B.
- [1:02] Loup Ventures wins a Golden Electrode award at the Neurotech Leaders Forum
- [1:18] Neurotech Leaders Forum & adaptive deep brain stimulation
- [2:23] When will adaptive DBS come to market?
- [3:35] Adaptive DBS & an expanded set of treatments
- [4:45] Electrode placement
- [5:44] There’s good progress in neuroprosthetics
- [5:52] Neurotech market size
- [7:10] Jim’s definition of bioelectronic medicine
- [8:20] What Jim wants people to take away from Neurotech Business Reports’ research
- [10:13] Why Jim’s excited about the current state of the neurotech industry
- [13:00] Jim’s favorite neuroscience book
- Episode 011 – E.J. Chichilnisky
- Episode 012 – Jo Jo Platt
- Episode 013 – Ladan Jiracek, Manfred Franke, and Doug Clinton
We owe a special thanks to Ladan Jiracek of the Neural Implant Podcast for his videography and editing.
Disclaimer: We actively write about the themes in which we invest: artificial intelligence, robotics, virtual reality, and augmented reality. From time to time, we will write about companies that are in our portfolio. Content on this site including opinions on specific themes in technology, market estimates, and estimates and commentary regarding publicly traded or private companies is not intended for use in making investment decisions. We hold no obligation to update any of our projections. We express no warranties about any estimates or opinions we make.